Here is the guide to add your resume to your LinkedIn profil for easy apply through LinkedIn.
- You can post your resume straight to your LinkedIn profile or to job applications via Easy Apply.
- Customizing your LinkedIn profile resume is critical for standing out in the employment market.
- If you disable the Featured section, you may still upload your resume using the “Add Section” option.
LinkedIn can be an effective tool for publicising your skills and putting you in front of the correct hiring managers. Additionally, it can assist with directly applying for jobs, particularly the thousands featured on the site.
To make the most of these capabilities, it’s a good idea to add a CV to your profile. What you’ll need to accomplish is as follows.
Adding your resume to LinkedIn to better market yourself
If you do not have a resume prepared, you can use LinkedIn’s download option, which transforms all of the information on your profile to a PDF resume.
However, that downloaded CV is unlikely to be as attractive as one you design yourself, and it will almost certainly be longer than you desire. Thus, by uploading a customised CV to your profile, you may customise your career history to the job for which you’re applying, ensuring that you stand out in the proper ways. Likewise, while applying for a job.
How do you add a résumé to your LinkedIn profile?
- Visit the LinkedIn website and, if necessary, log in to your account.
- In the top toolbar, beneath your profile photo, click the Me tab.
- From the resulting drop-down menu, select View Profile.
- Scroll down to the Highlighted area and click the Add featured link if this section is empty. If you have, click the plus + button to the left of the pencil icon in the top-right corner of the box
If the Featured section is not visible, it may have been disabled. In this instance, travel to the top of your profile and click Add Section, followed by Featured and Media. Then proceed to step #6 in this guide.
5. Alternatively, if you have the Featured section and have clicked Add featured or the plus + button, select Media from the drop-down menu that displays.
6. In the resulting file upload window, navigate to the resume document you wish to upload. Select it and click Open.
7. A preview of the paper will display, along with boxes for you to enter a title and description for your resume. The Title is the only field that must be filled in.
8. Once the title and description fields are completed, click Save.
How to use LinkedIn to upload a résumé while applying for a job
1. Once you’ve located a position for which you’d want to apply, click on the job title to access additional information.
2. Click or press the option labelled “Easy Apply.”
Important: To make this work, you must select Easy Apply rather than Apply. In the absence of that, you will be sent to the hiring company’s job application portal. Additionally, your resume must be under 2MB in size and structured in either Word or PDF.
3. Fill in the required information and then click Upload resume under Resume.
4. From the pop-up box, select the required file and click Open.
5. Click Next to proceed through the application to the Review page.
6. When ready, select Submit application.
Thank you for reading the post
Dr. Afzalur Rahman
4 responses to “How to add your resume to your LinkedIn profile or to a job application via LinkedIn?”
My brother recommended І mіght liike thiѕ blog.
Ꮋe was entirely rіght. Thiѕ post truy made mʏ day. You can not imagine
just һow mᥙch time I hɑԀ spent for tһis info! Thanks!
Defіnitely imagine thаt wһich you said.
Your favouritе justification seemeԀ to be at tthe web thhe essiest thing tо bear in mind ߋf.
I say to you,I certainly get annoyed even as people consider worries thɑt thdy plainly don’t ｒeѕalize about.
Yoou ｃontrolled to hit the nail upon the top and dеfined out the whߋle thing with no need sіde effect , people could take a signal.
Wilⅼ likely Ƅee back to get more. Thank you
We’re a buncch of volunteers and opening a new scxheme in օur community.
Уour site offered uѕ with useful іnformation to woгk оn. You’νe performed а formidable process ɑnd our wһole community cɑn be grateful to уou.
Thank you, that is a very helpful read.